THE FOUNDATION FOR A SECURE RETIREMENT
A secure retirement is built on a foundation of wise choices. In this session, you will gain the knowledge you need to reduce, or even eliminate, the risks facing your retirement from Social Security, Medicare, long-term care, and elder abuse.
Most people will spend more time planning their next vacation than they will planning for their retirement. This trend needs to change, and this session is your opportunity to invest in your retirement so you can build the foundation needed for a secure retirement. Make a wrong choice, and any one of these risks could destroy your retirement.
- Identify what benefits are available through the Social Security program
- Determine what the right age is for claiming Social Security benefits
- Recognize the four parts of Medicare and what options are available
- Describe the consequences of making the wrong Medicare choice
- List the four methods for handling a long-term care event
- Evaluate how a long-term care event could destroy a well-planned retirement