THE CHANGING WORLD OF RETIREMENT
Many of the retirement strategies utilized by today’s financial planners were brought about in the 20th century and have grown outdated. This class will compare and contrast the old retirement paradigms that are still being used by many advisors with the new retirement paradigms of today.
Many of your ancestors enjoyed certainty in their retirements because of pensions, Social Security, and limited longevity. You live in a world where pensions are a thing of the past, Social Security is going broke, and longevity is off the charts. All of this means your retirement planning will need to look different because you will face risks in your retirement that no other generation has had to endure. In this class, you will learn what you need to do to insulate yourself from the risks facing your retirement so you do not run out of income before you run out of retirement.
- Determine if you have enough money to retire and stay retired
- Recognize how to improve your retirement income streams
- Outline how to safeguard against market loss during retirement
- Identify how to avoid the three basic pitfalls of retirement distribution planning
- Determine how to maximize Social Security income and minimize taxation on the benefits
- Evaluate the benefits of Roth conversions
- Identify how to insulate your income from a rising-tax-rate environment
- Identify how long-term care could destroy your retirement